There are so many cooking tips out there - some are kind of silly - like using a paperclip to pit cherries isn't something I'd end up needing to do, but some are super useful and have stayed with me.
10 Cooking Tips That Actually Changed How I do Things:
- Microwave and roll lemons before juicing and you’ll get more juice out of ’em – FOR REAL
- If you are cracking eggs into a bowl or pan and get that dreaded rogue shell mixed in, simply scoop it out using the broken shell in your hand
- Store ice cream cartons in a Ziploc bag so it stays the perfect soft
- Sliding cutting board? Put a damp paper or cloth towel underneath it
- We go through a LOT of spinach so we get those massive containers at the store – right when I get any greens I always take it out of the original container and layer with paper towels in a larger Ziploc to keep it fresh longer
- Freeze grapes, put frozen grapes in warm wine instead of ice, be happy
- Did you know you can actually eat the skin from a Ginger root? Just go ahead and grate it into whatever your making.
- Whenever you have to measure things like honey, peanut butter, etc. always spray the measuring cup/spoon with cooking spray so it slides out easily and it’s easier to clean (this one legit changed my life)
- I don’t have an herb garden (it’s on my list!) so before herbs go bad I will fill up an ice tray with olive oil and the herbs and freeze them – simply just throw one into a pan when you’re cooking
- If you’ve ever tried to grill fish you’ll know that it sticks super easily – so instead put a layer of lemons on the grill and then the fish – makes the fish taste great and it doesn’t stick